Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Henry 1st Mini Album [Trap]


I've been too busy handling things in real life, until my sis tell me about Henry's solo release. She even downloaded teh MV and insist me to listen to his song. I don't expect much because it is SM. Ent we're talking about. They've been passing off shit as gold for this past few years. But,
SURPRISE, Henry's Trap is unbelievably good.

The title track, Trap, started with Henry serenading us with intense piano play (idc if i use teh term wrongly here, slay me grammar nazi). The piano part is dominant in this song, probably showing the root of Henry's musical muse. Then the appearance of Taeminnie and Kyuhyun.Taemin voice, damn this boy had grown up so much. I remember him being the camera shy boy back in 2008. I don't have much to say about this song actually, since it is perfect for me. I kinda wish there's mandarin version for this song. I bet its gonna be freaking beautiful.

The second track,  1-4-3 (I love you). Honestly, I think this song sounded cross between Infinite and Shinee musics. The use of 1-4-3 is cute. I almost forgot the meaning of it. But its a sweet song. Considering Henry being in his early 20s (89-er actually) this song fit for him. Not much intense love-relationships. It's a shame this song was not release between Valentine Day and White Day celebration. But anyway, there is always next time. Oppa, 1-4-3. ^_~

Third track, My Everything. First thought, Jesse McCartney. No offence. Henry is same age range as me. I guess this is how Henry express his impression on music. This is music that we listen when growing up in that era. Boys serenading fangirls on guitar with sweet songs. Which is what this song pretty much about. Sweet song to be played while enjoying the sun. 

4th track, Ready 2 Love. The title is the affliction from pop culture in using number in place of word. But sexy song this is. A dance track that invite you to move your body a little bit.Yeah Henry, I'm ready for love.

Fifth track, Holiday. This somehow song remind me of One Direction. LOL. Again, no offence. This is the song that I want to listen while driving. It's a Henry-day. XD

Sixth track. I Would. Another piano-serenading-track from Henry. Also, the only English track in this mini album. The emotion that Henry show in this song is great, that I actually feel the sadness. This track is somehow the SM-style autumn song release. I wonder how long SM gonna promote Henry.


This album, for me, is a must have for the fan of Kpop or even pop music fans. I think 90's kids generation can relate even better with this album. The music in this album reflect the music that Henry's listen while growing up. Very little and almost none rap part in the album make it even easy on the ear. This is somewhat the shits that pop music seem to be overdoing, inserting unnecessary rap part in pop song. I'll listen to hiphop artist for that thank you very much. Among Kpop muddy songs, this album is a rare gem. Although, I'm on giving it 4.8 over 5 ratings. Because I fucking need mandarin version of Trap. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Dedicated to Oppa by Dedicated Fangirl is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.